The deadline for the Riley Blake Challenge is quickly, quickly approaching. And I swear this quilt keeps growing, and Murphy’s rule is in full force.
When I went to baste it I found I measured the quilt and/or the backing wrong. Only 1-2″ free on either side. Good thing this wasn’t being sent to a longarmer.
I went to start quilting, and broke a brand new needle. No new ones in the tray of my machine, so a mad hunt/cleaning frenzy took place to find some I knew I had somewhere. An hour later they were found.
While quilting I’ve broken thread twice; once near the end of the design, so that was fine, and once just now when I’ve just started a new section.
I decided to try my quilting table, see if it would help with some of the wavy lines I’ve been getting — couldn’t find the feet. So my trusty paperback book collection to the rescue.
But, amazingly, progress was actually made. Probably not enough to be completely finished for the next guild meeting, but definitely (fingers crossed) for Feb 17th.
It’s a good thing I love this quilt — and there’s a deadline. Otherwise, this quilt would get balled up and shoved in a closet.
Linking up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday