So, yeah, it’s been awhile. Guess it turns out I’m a bad blogger. Oh well.
Recently, I’ve caught up on a lot of bee blocks, finished a quilt, two tops, and piled even more on my plate. But, ’tis the season, right?
Here’s a few of the quilt blocks:
One of the two quilt tops is for do.Good stitches. I asked for wrench blocks in purple, turquoise, lime and gray. The ladies did a GREAT job of interpreting that and were amazingly cohesive.
The other quilt top is an attempt at a fall quilt. With all the modern maple quilts floating around, I really wanted to join in. Except a whole bunch of half square triangle didn’t sound to appealing at the time. So I settled on a pattern from Quilty by Jeni Baker: All Tied Up. It turned out great in the end, but my feelings on the pattern are a little iffy. I really dislike when material requirements are wildly off base. So, if you’re going to try this quilt, do the math and figure out what you actually need – Especially if you’re trying to work from your stash. As a result it turned out a little more scrappy than I had planned, but I love scrappy quilts, and now I have leftovers for a backing! 😀